Carlos Vela is waiting to “see what happens” amid reports linking him with a surprise move to Barcelona.The Spanish side are reportedly looking to sign an attacker this month to boost their La Liga and Champions League hopes, with LAFC attacker Vela one of those highlighted as a candidate.Sport claimed Barca had reached an agreement with the Mexico international and planned to sign him on an initial loan deal but soon backed out. Article continues below Editors’ Picks ‘There is no creativity’ – Can Solskjaer get Man Utd scoring freely again? ‘Everyone legged it on to the pitch!’ – How Foden went from Man City superfan to future superstar Emery out of jail – for now – as brilliant Pepe papers over Arsenal’s cracks What is Manchester United’s ownership situation and how would Kevin Glazer’s sale of shares affect the club? While the former Arsenal and Real Sociedad player would not say whether or not a move was in the works, he says he is happy enough in Los Angeles.”They are issues for the clubs and agents,” Vela told ESPN. “I’m relaxed, working on the preseason and the most important thing is to be happy in the place you are. In the future we’ll see what happens.”Whatever I may decide or happens I’ll be happy because I’m loving being in Los Angeles with my team enjoying the day-to-day and I don’t have anything to lose in any case.”The 29-year-old joined LAFC from Real Sociedad a year ago, enjoying a 14-goal debut season in MLS as his side reached the playoffs. But he is confident he can do even better next time around as his side prepare for the new campaign, which begins in March.”I enjoyed [the first season] a lot, I took on the responsibility,” he added. “This year I’ll take on more and I can give more to this club and this league. I’ll work to that end.”Vela has been kept out of the national team in recent months, but his situation could change as Gerardo Martino takes charge. However, he is yet to discuss the prospect of a return with the new coach and says he is willing to step aside to give younger players a chance.”I think they’ve taken a great decision in bringing in Tata,” he said. “Obviously I have to speak to him to see his plans with me or without me.”I’ve not had the chance to talk with him, but I know I’ll do so before the next call-ups [in March]. I wish him the best. I’m open to keeping going or to stepping aside for the youngsters, whatever is best for Mexico.”
Guy been sitting on top of escalators at Victoria station since 4am…Lot of police tape for a long time. pic.twitter.com/mHd2p6YfyC— Richard Osley (@RichardOsley) September 12, 2016 Our members are continuing to engage with a vulnerable person at Victoria station https://t.co/FBfRxC6f26 pic.twitter.com/U2rNYbKky7— BTPolFed (@BTPolFed) September 12, 2016 Samuel Trida, who works at a Vodafone store facing the part of the station that had been cordoned off, added: “When I came in this morning the area taped-off was smaller and they made it bigger a few hours later but it is quite intimidating to walk into work and see.”A lot of people were saying that they had found a suspect package in the toilets but, (what is actually going on) is pretty shocking.”Anyone wishing to seek information and / or support can call the Samaritans on 08457 90 90 90 or visit www.samaritans.org. Sad to hear things didn’t end well at Victoria station tonight. Hope that the vulnerable man who jumped is alright 😥— Greg Lee (@greglee91) September 12, 2016 A man has been taken to hospital after jumping from an escalator at Victoria Station following a 15-hour stand-off with police.Police were first called to the London station at 4am on Monday morning to reports of a “vulnerable man” in a precarious position at the top of an escalator.A section of the station – one of London’s busiest – was closed to the public throughout the day as a large scale police operation was launched in attempts to negotiate with the man. Sad to hear things didn’t end well at Victoria station today #mentalhealthmatters— Charmian Alvares (@curlycharms) September 12, 2016 Services from the station still continued as normal, but many of the shops were closed throughout the day.A cordon was put in place around the escalator beside a number of shops in the station, which has direct services to Gatwick Airport and is served by the strike-ridden train provider, Southern Rail.A spokesman from Network Rail said the concourse was “partially closed” and is expected to be “very busy this evening”.”Passengers are advised that usual entrances to the station and platforms may be closed,” they added.”Services are expected to run as normal, with extra staff around the station to help with directions.”Passengers may wish to consider travelling earlier or later or by an alternative route.” Seeings lots of criticism over wasted police time and money at Victoria Station. When a man is suicidal can you really put a price on life?— Si (@tunnelrat82) September 12, 2016 After hours of negotiations an air cushion was put in place, but British Transport Police (BTP) said he was able to jump “from a lower height”. The man suffered head injuries but was immediately treated by officers and paramedics at the scene, said Superintendent Chris Horton. Police said that the man’s injuries were not life-threatening.“The man has been taken to hospital in a stable condition,” he said. “The incident will be referred to the Independent Police Complaints Commission.” Anyone moaning about the incident at Victoria station needs to have a bit of compassion. Mental health isn’t a joke #victoriastation— ems (@ems_sweats) September 12, 2016 It is 14:23 and #victoriastation #standoff #london still happening! pic.twitter.com/shVkPWjag3— Richie Santosdiaz (@santosdiazr2) September 12, 2016 Shaun Lewis, who works as a railway host for Southern Rail, told the Evening Standard: “A lot of people have been asking what’s going on but are mainly just very curious.“A couple of people have been shocked and a few were quite annoyed but not too many, mainly just curiosity.”I don’t think we’ve had anything like this here before, we’ve had fights where people have been injured. People have been shot and stabbed but nothing like this.” Want the best of The Telegraph direct to your email and WhatsApp? Sign up to our free twice-daily Front Page newsletter and new audio briefings.