Tag: 上海 美女自荐 阿拉 爱上海

Facebook New Zealand shooting video had fewer than 200 realtime viewers

first_img Tags Share your voice Facebook Now playing: Watch this: Screen recordings, in which people video-recorded the stream on their phones and uploaded that video, were more difficult to automatically detect, according to Sonderby. To fix this issue, the company “expanded to additional detection systems,” which included using sound detection.  The Global Internet Forum to Counter Terrorism, a consortium of technology companies, highlighted more than 800 different versions of the video, Reuters noted.New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern told Parliament on Tuesday that the government is going to look closely at the role social media played in the incident, Bloomberg reported.”We cannot simply sit back and accept that these platforms just exist and what is said is not the responsibility of the place where they are published,” she said. “They are the publisher not just the postman. There cannot be a case of all profit no responsibility.” Getty Images Facebook on Tuesday offered some statistics in its defense following criticism of its struggle to contain the spread of a livestream video of Friday’s mass shooting in New Zealand.The social network said that the stream had fewer than 200 viewers during the live broadcast and that the video got roughly 4,000 views before it was taken down.The numbers were revealed in a blog post by Facebook Deputy General Counsel Chris Sonderby, who said no users reported the video when it was live. The first user report came 12 minutes after the livestream ended, a full 29 minutes after it started. As previously noted, Facebook purged 1.5 million uploads of the video and most (1.2 million) were blocked before going live on the platform. Sonderby said in the Tuesday blog post that the original video was digitally mapped so that Facebook software could detect and block similar videos.On Friday, a gunman in Christchurch attacked Muslims praying at two mosques and livestreamed the shooting on Facebook. The death toll from the incident stands at 50, according to CBS News. Post a comment Internet Services Tech Industry 0 Facebook deletes 1.5M videos after shooting, Democrats… 1:23last_img read more

Cognizant plans to set up SEZ in Telangana

first_imgUS-based IT major Cognizant Technologies Services Pvt Ltd is seeking the government’s nod to build a special economic zone (SEZ) in India’s youngest state, Telangana.The company’s application to set up SEZ will be scrutinised by the Board of Approval (BoA) at its meeting on 23 February. The BoA is headed by Commerce Secretary Rita Teaotia.The proposed IT/ITeS SEZ will come up in Ranga Reddy district of Telangana and it will be spread over 2.51 hectares.Due to an introduction of minimum alternate tax (MAT) by the central government on SEZs, such projects have taken a back seat. To revive the interest in setting up SEZs, the commerce ministry has proposed the finance ministry to do away with the tax, Press Trust of India reports.At this month’s meeting, the BoA will also examine other SEZ projects, including those to be set up by Kandla Port Trust and GP Realtors. The developers of the two SEZs have asked for more time for the implementation of their projects.Kandla Port Trust — developer of multi-product SEZ at Kandla and Tuna — wants the validity period of formal approval to be extended beyond 6 May, according to the agenda note of the BoA meeting.GP Realtors Pvt Ltd has sought approval for further extension of the deadline to complete its electronic hardware and IT/ITeS SEZ in Haryana.At its previous meeting on 23 December last year, the board had given its approval for 13 SEZ developers, who had asked for more time to complete the projects.Exports from SEZs in the country reached Rs 2.21 lakh crore in the April-September period in the current fiscal year compared to Rs 4.63 lakh crore in 2014-15. About 15.44 lakh jobs were generated by these zones in the first half of 2015-16.last_img read more

17 condemned convicts still at large

17 condemned convicts still at large

first_imgEkramul HaqueLaw enforcement agencies are yet to arrest the 17 convicts sentenced to death by a lower court in March last year in Fulgazi upazila chairman Ekramul Haque Ekram murder case, reports UNB.Feni district and session’s court on 13 March 2018 sentenced 39 people to death in the sensational murder case. Among them, 22 are now behind bars while 17 remained fugitive.In the verdict, 16 other accused, including prime accused BNP leader Mahtab Uddin Chowdhury Minar, got acquittal.Family members of the victim have expressed doubt over the execution of the verdict as hearing on the appeal with the High Court against the verdict is yet to be held.Talking to reporters, Ekram’s bother Mojammel Haq said, “Although those involved in the murder got due punishment, the masterminds remained untouched. It must be ensured by the government that the condemned convicts don’t get acquittal at the higher court. The government must take initiatives for the quick execution of the verdict.”Lawyer Hafez Ahmed, Feni judge court public prosecutor (PP), said Ekram was killed by armed miscreants in front of Bilasi Cinema Hall on 20 May 2014. His elder brother then filed a case with Feni model police station.Among the 22 condemned convicts, then Awami League (AL) joint general secretary Jahangir Kabir Adel, municipality councilor Abdullah Hil Mahmud Shiblu are now in jail.Jailer of Feni district jail Didarul Alam said the condemned convicts were shifted to Kashimpur high security jail after the pronouncement of the verdict.Among them, Nur Uddin Mia, Arif and Tota Mia were brought back to Feni as they were convicted in other cases, too.The fugitive 17 convicts are Fulgazi upazila AL joint general secretary Jahid Hossain Jihad, Feni-2 MP Nizam Hazari’s cousin Abidul Islam Abid, Nafiz Uddin Anik, Arman Hossain Kauser, Jahedul Hashem Soikat, Ziaur Rahman Bappi, Jashim Uddin Nayan, Emran Hossain Russel, Rahat Erfan, Ekram Hossain, Shafiqur Rahman, Kafil Uddin, Mosleh Uddin Asif, Ismail Hossain Chuttu, Mohiuddin Anis, Bablu and Titu.Dfence counsel Ahsan Kabir Bengal said the convicts filed an appeal with the Appellate Division against the lower court verdict.last_img read more

What Drives Asylum Seekers To The US

What Drives Asylum Seekers To The US

first_img 00:00 /11:03 There’s been a considerable amount of controversy concerning our southern border with the detention and deportation of Central American immigrants. But we seem to focus so much lately on what happens at the border after that point – namely the separation of families – that perhaps we overlook the situation that leads to all that.With so much gang and drug cartel activity in Central American countries, should it be any surprise that so many are willing to risk detainment – or even death – to make the dangerous journey to the United States? And with all of that going on, what are the leaders and institutions in those countries doing to keep their citizens safe? And how much will the upcoming presidential election in Mexico play into this?In the audio above, Houston Matters host Craig Cohen talks with University of Houston political science professor Jeronimo Cortina about the political situation south of the U.S. and how it drives so many to migrate northward. Photo by Mike Blake/Reuters/PBS NewsHourChild detention facility in Tornillo, Texas, on June 19. To embed this piece of audio in your site, please use this code:center_img X Listen Sharelast_img read more