A Lithuanian man who left his country to start a new life in Ireland after being jailed for manslaughter has been jailed for six years after Gardai found a cannabis factory at his home in Donegal.Andrius Gruodis, 32, pleaded guilty under the Misuse of Drugs Act after Gardai were alerted to suspicious activity at his rented home in Ballybofey.Detective Garda Niall Boyle told Letterkenny Circuit Court that Gardai visited 2 Beechwood Avenue in Ballybofey after a report about the house. They found a number of empty pots and small balls of insulation at the back of the house.The Gardai also became aware that the ESB meter on the house had been by-passed.When they were leaving the area they met with a man coming towards the premises and eventually discovered he was the tenant of the house.Gardai got a warrant to search the house and as they were about to enter it, Gruodis admitted he has ecstasy tablets and cannabis at the house. When they entered the house, Gardai found a sophisticated network of equipment used to grow cannabis.An extractor fan was piped into the chimney and various parts of the house were cordoned off with blue plastic.In total Gardai found 58 cannabis plants with a street value of €23,000 and BZP tablets worth €420.When interviewed Gruodis said he had learned all about the cultivation of cannabis from the internet.The accused sister Androne, who lives in Trim in Co Meath, said she believed her brother was growing the drugs because he owed money to other men. She told the court how she had received a visit late one night form three men who threatened her if her brother did not pay them the money he owed.The court heard how Gruodis came to Ireland after being released from prison in Lithuania where he had just served seven years for manslaughter.Judge John O’Hagan said he did not think that Gruodis was part of a group of Oriental people who are placed in houses to act as caretakers for the growing of cannabis.“He had a little independent island of his own and he was going to use his contacts to offload it. “This did not just drop out of the sky. It was a deliberate, intentional and well planned out exercise,” said Judge O’Hagan.He sentenced Gruodis to six years in prison on two separate charges of possession and intent to sell or supply of cannabis under the Misuse of Drugs Act with both sentences to run concurrently.He also congratulated the Garda Drugs Squad who he said faced a major task with limited resources and who worked long and often very fruitless hours.EndsMAN SENTENCED TO SIX YEARS IN JAIL AFTER GARDAI FIND CANNABIS FACTORY was last modified: July 20th, 2011 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)Tags:Andrius GruodisBallybofeycannabis
Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppProvidenciales, TCI, December 13, 2016 – Oswald Skippings says he and Sam Harvey did not defect from the People’s Democratic Movement; he yesterday told media in the PDA party’s manifesto launch that he was fired by the party because he would not take big money from big investors. “The matter is you were at a New Year’s party when one of the officials of the PDM openly stated that they turned against me because I refused money from Mr. Cashcroft and I had the nerve to campaign against him.”Skippings says he was due to publish a letter to prove it, “It’s dated 14th of April, 2015 Grand Turk, Turks and Caicos Islands. Dear Mr. Skippings, Re: Suspension of Membership, pursuant to a recommendation for the Disciplinary Committee regarding your actions that have been deemed to be contrary to the aims and objectives of the party and in direct violation to the constitution of the People’s Democratic Movement. The National General Council considered the recommendation of the Disciplinary Committee and voted in the affirmative to approve the recommendation to suspend your membership with the party.”The former leader of the PDM Party and former Chief Minister read that letter during the press conference where the PDA’s plan for the TCI were laid out in a document called ‘United for Change, Empowering Our People.’There are 113 pages which focus on developing new industries in light manufacturing and agricultural investment. The PDA is contesting 12 seats in the upcoming General Elections on December 15. #MagneticMediaNews Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp Related Items:
Sophie TurnerReutersSophie Turner has been revealing a lot about her time on the sets of X-Men: Dark Phoenix lately.Her recent revelation could make fiancé Joe Jons a little jealous. Reportedly the Game of Thrones star joked that she is “in love” with on-screen boyfriend Tye Sheridan (aka Scott Summers aka Cyclops)… and that the Jonas brother is perfectly understanding of the whole situation, of course.”I mean, we’re in love,” Turner told Entertainment Tonight, with her co-star adding: “I’m in love with Soph.””And I’m completely in love with him,” the Jean Grey actress added, revealing: “[Joe] knows, he’s fine with it.”Wow, Joe Jonas sure seems like a pretty good fiancé. Apparently, Turner did gush genuinely about Sheridan, adding: “We’re like, such good friends, and I’ve always said to Tye, he’s my best onscreen boyfriend I’ve ever had.”And it’s just so nice to have such a wonderful relationship with someone that you’re sharing such intimate scenes with. It’s really important to have that connection.” X Men: Dark PhoenixInstagramSophie Turner also opened up about working with director Bryan Singer and how it wasn’t a completely pleasant experience as well as her on-=set confrontation with a fellow co-star on the set of Dark Phoenix. But the confession that got the Sansa Stark actress in a lot of trouble with fans was when she confessed that she had revealed the ending of the final season of Game of Thrones to her friends. The actress had to clarify what she meant. “I was on Twitter and saw these headlines like ‘Twitter followers are being so mean to Sophie Turner after reports she told her friends the ending of Game of Thrones’,” she said.”The truth is I’ve only told two people. It’s not that many. To be honest, I don’t read many of the mentions on Twitter because there’s normally quite a bit of hate. Everything I say will always have some negative reactions so I’m not surprised.The final season of Game of Thrones will air in April. We can’t wait for the final season of Game of Thrones.
As controversy surrounding its flagship brand Maggi intensified, Nestle India has witnessed a 15 percent fall in its share prices in the past six trading sessions.The share price of Nestle India plunged to ₹6,010.80 on 4 June from ₹7,064.85 on 27 May, with volume of shares traded on the exchanges increasing by 8 times.Several states across the nation have started taking stern action against Maggi after they found higher than the permissible levels of lead and MSG in the samples of instant noodles.The controversy over Nestle India’s failure to follow the food safety standards grew more intense, when the Central government on Wednesday filed a complaint against the food manufacturer with the National Consumer Disputes Redressal Commission (NCDRC), IANS reported.A drop in Maggi sales is expected to impact Nestle India’s performance as they account for 15 to 20 percent of the company’s overall revenues. Nestle occupies 60 percent of share in the instant noodle market in the country.Reacting to the development, a foreign brokerage firm Barclays has downgraded its target price for shares of Nestle India to ₹5,149 from ₹5,593 previously estimated.Barclays expects sales of Nestle India to be weighed down by a ban of Maggi in several states. It also expects actions by various state governments to negatively impact profit margins of the company.”Sales of Maggi brand have increased by 21 per cent CAGR over the past 10 years (sales contribution rising by 1,100 basis points) but have remained weak over the past two years – a trend that is likely to persist near-term (impacted by rising competition and muted consumer environment),” Barclays told Business Today.India’s major retailers Future Retail and Kendriya Bhandar have already declared that they would not be selling Maggi noodles for the time being.After Delhi’s food safety watchdog detected high levels of lead and monosodium glutamate (MSG), a flavour enhancer, in the samples collected from across the national capital, the AAP government imposed a 15-day ban on its sale in the capital city.The Gujarat government on Thursday banned the sale of Maggi for one month.Bihar, Punjab, West Bengal, Himachal Pradesh, Odisha, Maharashtra, Haryana, Karnataka and Uttar Pradesh are currently testing the samples of Maggi noodles to detect chemicals that are harmful to health.”At 35 times, 2016E EPS, Nestle India shares are trading at a 20 per cent premium to peers and above its historical average of around 30 times. We lower our earnings forecasts by around 6 per cent and our target multiple to 28 times, cutting our price target to ₹5,149,” the report said.According to the some analysts, as Nestle is a global brand, a current fall in its prices will not deter the investors from buying the company’s stock from a long-term perspective.”Indians they have a lot of tolerance, they do not really bother about lead etc in food, given the pollution that we have. So, definitely a time to buy into Nestle because it is not going out off business yet,” Ashwani Gujral, Fund Manager at Ashwanigujral.com, told The Economic Times.
Indian Real Estate SectorReuters FileMore than 6 lakh houses have failed to meet the delivery schedule in the National Capital Region (NGR), with nearly 2 lakh homes late for delivery by more than two years, according to data compiled by Liases Forras — a real-estate rating and research firm.Most of the delayed houses in the NCR are in Noida, Greater Noida and Gurgaon. While NCR is the top among 43 cities where such deliveries are stalled, the Mumbai Metropolitan Region is second: 1.31 lakh houses are delayed here by more than two years, the Times of India reported.According to the research firm’s data, one in three houses gets delayed by more than two years in the NCR and one in four in the Mumbai region.Also, around 29.23 lakh houses under construction are delayed and over 50 percent of these are delayed by at least one year or more, according to the data.Besides the NCR and Mumbai, homebuyers even in Chennai, Pune and Bengaluru are facing delays in house delivery by more than two years.This analysis comes at a time when real-estate companies are pushing hard to finish incomplete projects with tougher rules under the Real Estate Regulation Act (RERA).The housing ministry has enforced the Act to make sure lakhs of people who have bought houses with their life savings but are still waiting for their houses are protected.”The law was brought to protect affected buyers and for future buyers. That’s why RERA does not differentiate between incomplete and new projects. The Centre has submitted its view on this to the Bombay High Court,” a government official said. Jaypee InfratechReutersDespite this law, real-estate firms such as Unitech, Jaypee Infratech and Amrapalli are being pursued by banks and homebuyers who had paid them advance but not received their houses, and have since turned to courts for recourse.They fear that they would lose out in case of liquidation because then the home buyers’ claims would be considered only after those of secured creditors like the banks have been settled.”The present situation has been the fallout of an investor-driven market, more commitment by the developers rather than what they could deliver and its arbitrary regulatory intervention such as stopping all construction activities in certain areas,” said Pankaj Kapoor, managing director of Liases Foras.Earlier this year, reports also suggested that as many as 826 residential projects in the country were facing delays extending to four years. Of the 2,300-odd under-construction projects in December 2016, 826 residential and 60 commercial projects were facing substantial delays.Sources in the housing ministry said they have now sought the details of delayed projects from each state.
This hands-on workshop will give you the tools to authentically connect with an increasingly skeptical online audience. Free Workshop | August 28: Get Better Engagement and Build Trust With Customers Now Could Apple’s rumored acquisition of Beats Electronics open Pandora’s box to further purchases still?In a hilarious dig at the perceived capriciousness of the buy, a spoof by Funny or Die shows the tech giant tapping into its $130 billion cash mound to purchase entities as varied as Kohler Toilets and Totino’s Pizza Rolls.“I saw a very nice sweater at Fred Segal last week,” says an actress portraying Karen Mills, the company’s chief of acquisitions, “so Apple acquired it.”Related: Hear That? Apple May Buy Beats Electronics in $3.2 Billion Mega Deal.“Is this true?” asks a man portraying CEO Tim Cook, in his distinct southern drawl. “Are we getting an ape?”As various outlets have puzzled over why Apple might have its sights set on Beats, speculation includes that Apple is seeking to grow its digital music revenue, that it is eyeing Beats’ fashion-forward hardware for future wearable endeavors, or that the company is looking to poach Beats’ co-founder and music industry legend Jimmy Iovine.Either way, when and if the deal goes through, one thing is certain: Iovine and Beats co-founder Dr. Dre will be laughing all the way to the bank.Apple Announces Beats Acquisition from Funny Or DieRelated: Music Mogul and Entrepreneur Dr. Dre: I’m the ‘First Billionaire in Hip Hop’ Enroll Now for Free May 13, 2014 2 min read