Tag: 上海娱乐地图yldt123

Gary Collins will not be prosecuted for manslaughter

first_img 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MOREWhicker: Clemson demonstrates that it’s tough to knock out the champ Gary Collins will not be prosecuted for manslaughter, even though the man he hit the night he was busted for DUI died, TMZ reported. Collins copped a plea last Thursday to DUI. The next day, 89-year-old Warren Gates died from his injuries in the crash. Gates has been hospitalized since the accident last October. Prosecution sources tell TMZ Collins will not be prosecuted for manslaughter for two reasons. First, officers say Gates caused the crash by making an illegal left. In order to prosecute for manslaughter, the D.A. must prove that Collins caused the accident. Also, because Collins pleaded no contest to DUI, double jeopardy attaches. So Gary will serve his 96 hours in jail and then its case closed. For more news and observations about crime in Los Angeles and the San Fernando Valley, check out the Daily News’ crime blog by clicking here.last_img read more

KSAMC Carrying Out Earthquake Preparedness Drills

first_img The Kingston and St. Andrew Municipal Corporation (KSAMC) is staging a series of earthquake simulations across the municipality aimed at increasing preparedness and emergency response capabilities among various stakeholders. Jamaica Red Cross and the Earthquake Unit at the University of the West Indies (UWI), Mona, also partnered to execute the day’s activities.Ms. Forrester said that other simulations will be carried out throughout Kingston and St. Andrew.The objective is to assess, among other things, the response capability of the KSAMC Parish Disaster Committee; the response plans of Seprod and West Kingston Private Power Partners; the JFB’s capability to react based on the availability of staff and to coordinate with other entities; and the JCF’s traffic management and control system, and first-aid capabilities.While commending the preparedness of the entities involved, particularly the first responders, Ms. Forrester noted that there is always room for improvement.“We saw the emergency plans coming out in action and we saw the use of their safety monitors and safety procedures. We also saw the response entities, which are the Ministry of Health, the police and the fire brigade, coming out in their numbers to carry out search and rescue efforts,” she said.She noted that “with every exercise we know that there are going to be areas of weakness (which) is what we use to grow and strengthen our response. So we are comfortable with it, but we are not comfortable to the point where we can’t do better”.Organisations in Kingston and St. Andrew may contact the KSAMC for assistance in developing and testing emergency plans. “We simulated what would happen in the event of an earthquake and the effects thereafter, so a fire was also at the West Kingston Power Partners right after the earthquake,” she noted.The simulation was carried out by the Emergency Operations, Communications and Public Utilities Subcommittee of the KSAMC’s Parish Disaster Committee in collaboration with the Jamaica Fire Brigade (JFB), Jamaica Constabulary Force (JCF), Kingston and St. Andrew Health Department, and the Office of Disaster Preparedness and Emergency Management (ODPEM).Seprod Limited staff gather at one of the company’s emergency assembly points after the building’s alarms were sounded in an earthquake drill at the company’s Marcus Garvey Drive facility on March 27. The exercise was coordinated by the Kingston and St. Andrew Municipal Corporation and included the neighbouring West Kingston Power Partners facility. “When West Kingston Power Partners approached us for a drill earlier on, we decided it would be best to engage both entities in the activity,” Parish Disaster Coordinator for Kingston and St. Andrew, Terry Forrester, told JIS News. The Kingston and St. Andrew Municipal Corporation (KSAMC) is staging a series of earthquake simulations across the municipality aimed at increasing preparedness and emergency response capabilities among various stakeholders.The first of such exercises was carried out on Wednesday (March 27) and involved the neighbouring entities of West Kingston Power Partners and Seprod Limited along Marcus Garvey Drive.“When West Kingston Power Partners approached us for a drill earlier on, we decided it would be best to engage both entities in the activity,” Parish Disaster Coordinator for Kingston and St. Andrew, Terry Forrester, told JIS News.Kingston and St. Andrew Parish Disaster Coordinator, Terry Forrester (seated centre), addresses a debriefing session following an earthquake simulation exercise at the West Kingston Power Partners and Seprod Limited Marcus Garvey Drive facilities on March 27. Story Highlights The first of such exercises was carried out on Wednesday (March 27) and involved the neighbouring entities of West Kingston Power Partners and Seprod Limited along Marcus Garvey Drive. last_img read more

CANADIANS ESI EDUGYAN AND MICHAEL ONDAATJE MAKE BARACK OBAMAS BESTOF 2018 LIST

first_imgCanadian novelist Esi Edugyan is photographed at home in Victoria, B.C., on Monday, August 27, 2018. THE CANADIAN PRESS/Chad Hipolito Ondaatje’s “Warlight” made Obama’s year-end list after first being named on Obama’s summer reading list.The novel follows two siblings separated from their parents in 1945 London.In July, Ondaatje’s 1992 book “The English Patient” was named the greatest-ever winner of the Man Booker Prize.THE CANADIAN PRESS Advertisement Canadian authors Esi Edugyan and Michael Ondaatje have made former U.S. president Barack Obama’s best-of 2018 list.Edugyan made the list for her novel “Washington Black,” which follows the saga of an 11-year-old boy who escapes slavery at a Barbados sugar plantation with the help of the owner’s kinder brother.The book won her the Scotiabank Giller Prize this year, and was a finalist for the Man Booker Prize for fiction. Advertisement Login/Register With:center_img Advertisement Twitter LEAVE A REPLY Cancel replyLog in to leave a comment Facebooklast_img read more

Luke Bryan Announces Sunset Repeat Tour

Luke Bryan Announces Sunset Repeat Tour

first_imgMore than two dozen dates from May through Oct. have been announced, interspersed with Bryan’s festival appearancesPhilip MerrillGRAMMYs Jan 18, 2019 – 2:22 pm On Jan. 17 country star Luke Bryan announced more than two dozen dates for his Sunset Repeat Tour, beginning on May 31 in Philadelphia and continuing through summer and fall until its final Oct. 12 date in Raleigh, North Carolina. His supporting acts are Jon Langston, DJ Rock and Cole Swindell.The tour’s title is drawn from the tale told by Bryan’s hit “Sunrise, Sunburn, Sunset,” which reached No. 35 on Billboard’s Hot 100 chart in Sept. 2018. “Repeat” is the fourth word following the song title’s formula for how the days of a summer romance were spent. The song appeared on his 2017 No. 1 album What Makes You Country. Twitter News Facebook Luke Bryan Announces Sunset Repeat Tour https://twitter.com/LukeBryanOnline/status/1086087812716257280 Luke Bryan Announces Sunset Repeat Tour luke-bryan-announces-sunset-repeat-tour Email Of his seven full-length albums, starting with 2007’s I’ll Stay Me through 2017’s What Makes You Country, Luke Bryan charted high on the Billboard 200, with four albums reaching No. 1.Tickets and tour dates are available on Bryan’s website, which also lists his upcoming festival schedule and Bryan’s own Jan. 23–26 Crash My Playa fest at Riviera Mayo, Mexico.Luke Bryan’s ‘What Makes You Country’ Reaches No. 1Read morelast_img read more

Add an outdoor wireless security camera to your home for 48 Update

first_img Share your voice Now playing: Watch this: Post a comment 4:11 The Cheapskate Best laptops for college students: We’ve got an affordable laptop for every student. Best live TV streaming services: Ditch your cable company but keep the live channels and DVR. How to buy the right security camera for you Review • Amazon Fire HD 8 review: Affordable media consumption for Prime members 0 Amazon Tags CNET’s Cheapskate scours the web for great deals on tech products and much more. For the latest deals and updates, follow the Cheapskate on Facebook and Twitter. Questions about the Cheapskate blog? Find the answers on our FAQ page, and find more great buys on the CNET Deals page. Amazon Fire HD 8 Security Cameras Mobile Accessories Tablets This full-featured security camera is wireless, weatherproof and rechargeable. But is its app any good? That’s the $48 question. WiYA Lately I’ve been testing a variety of outdoor-friendly security cameras — dedicated ones and video doorbells alike. I haven’t tried this model, which is brand new, but the price demands I share it. For a limited time, and while supplies last, the WiYA rechargeable wireless security camera with free cloud storage is $47.99 when you clip the on-page 10%-off coupon and apply promo code QJTCI4WV at checkout. That’s considerably less than you’d pay for any number of higher-profile cameras — most of which charge extra for cloud storage (see below).Note that CNET may get a share of revenue from the sale of the products featured on this page. See it at AmazonOn paper, this camera ticks all the important security-cam boxes:1080p videoTwo-way audioNight visionPassive infrared (PIR) sensorWeatherproofRechargeable batteryCloud and local storageAlthough you could certainly use this as an indoor camera, its IP66 rating means it should be able to withstand all manner of outdoor weather. The battery is good for three to six months on a charge, according to WiYA, a pretty wide range. How often you need to recharge probably depends on how often you access the live feed and how you’ve set motion-detection sensitivity.One definite highlight here is the free, unlimited rolling cloud storage, which keeps your videos for seven days. If there are paid tiers available as well, they’re not listed on the product page.All that being said, I’ve learned that most of these cameras are only as good as their software. The WiYA relies on an app called VPai Home, which has only a few user ratings (probably because it’s so new) for both its Android and iOS versions. Those ratings: mixed.Meanwhile, the camera itself currently has no Amazon customer reviews, again because it’s very new.Here’s my thinking: A visible outdoor security camera is almost certainly a theft deterrent. For not much more than the price of a “dummy” camera, you can get a real one that offers motion detection and free cloud storage. If the app turns out to be overly problematic, send the thing back.Your thoughts?Read more: The best smart-home security cameras for 2019Bonus deal: This is the $14 selfie stick I’m taking on vacationblitzwolf-bw-bs3-selfie-stickEnlarge ImageThis selfie stick does all the things for only $14. BlitzWolf My summer vacation is coming up, and I’m not going to make the same mistake as last year: Forgetting to pack a selfie stick. Make fun of me all you want, but I learned the hard way that my arms weren’t long enough to fit my family and the Colosseum into the frame.You can buy a cheapie stick for $5 to $10, but I’m going to make the argument for spending just a bit more on something like this — the BlitzWolf BW-BS3 selfie stick for $14.29 with promo code CNETBWBS3. Regular price: $21.99. (Note that if a seller other than BlitzWolf appears, or the code doesn’t work, that means it’s sold out.)See it at AmazonI own one of these. I like it because it doubles as a tripod: The feet fold right out from the base. Plus, there’s a removable, rechargeable Bluetooth remote for triggering the camera shutter.It feels solid, too, not cheap and flimsy like a lot of the, well, cheap and flimsy sticks out there. And it folds up to become about as compact as these things can get. (The phone holder cleverly “hugs” the base of the stick.)Trust me when I say you’ll quickly start to find this thing indispensable for vacations, weddings and other group-photo occasions.Bonus deal No. 2: A used Amazon Fire HD 8 32GB for $40This doesn’t quite rival Amazon’s Prime Day deal, but today only, and while supplies last, Woot has the used Fire HD 8 32GB (2018) tablet for $39.99. Shipping is free for Prime subscribers, $5 for everyone else. That’s about the lowest price I’ve seen on a 32GB model.See it at WootIndeed, the Fire HD 8 with 32GB sells new for $110; the 16GB model runs $80. The aforementioned Prime Day deal had the latter (briefly) for $28.These units are likely to have minor cosmetic blemishes on the casing, though the screens should be pristine, which I consider no big deal. However, if you prefer something that looks more like brand new, Amazon proper has the certified-refurbished Fire HD 8 16GB for $39.99. (It’s available in black or blue, but Woot’s deal is for the black version only.)Either way, you’re getting a 90-day warranty. Me, I say take the extra storage and hang the odd scuff or two. Your thoughts?last_img read more

Karnataka phone tapping scandal CM Yediyurappa orders probe into case

first_imgTwitter [Representational Image]The Chief Minister of Karnataka BS Yediyurappa has ordered an investigation into the illegal phone tapping scandal in the state after receiving several complaints about the issue.The Karnataka phone tapping scandal is getting murkier after several top shot politicians from the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and government officials alleged that their private conversations were illegally acquired on the approval of the previous Congress-JD(S) coalition.CM Yediyurappa told the state Chief Secretary TM Vijay Bhaskar that an investigation needs to be conducted over the matter to wash out the people responsible for this and hold them accountable for the illegal use of government machinery. Union minister DV Sadananda Gowda has also demanded an investigation over the matter. He said that no one should resort to such means as it is illegal and whoever is responsible for this will be revealed.The probe has been initiated after several leaders of the saffron party including R Ashoka, Tejasvi Surya and former JD(S) leader and disqualified MLA AH Vishwanath requested the state CM to conduct a detailed investigation over the allegations of phone tapping.It is alleged that the former CM HD Kumaraswamy was the man behind the alleged phone tapping. However, he has denied the accusations saying that there was no need for him to tap the phone calls to save the government. He claimed that he would never do such a thing as he has been repeatedly saying that the chief minister’s post is not forever.The phone calls of several politicians from the Congress, JD(S) and the BJP were illegally recorded. Not just politicians, people close to the politicians, journalists covering political stories and senior police officers were also tapped continuously for months until the recent Lok Sabha elections.R Ashoka said that he had complained about the phone tappings about six months ago but then the coalition government headed by HDK had denied it.Bengaluru police commissioner Bhaskar Rao had commissioned a probe into the illegal phone tapping on August 8 after a leaked conversation allegedly from his phone was made public. The alleged clip contained conversation between Rao and another man named Faraz from Delhi, lobbying for his current post with Congress leaders.last_img read more