Would you like to read more?Register for free to finish this article.Sign up now for the following benefits:Four FREE articles of your choice per monthBreaking news, comment and analysis from industry experts as it happensChoose from our portfolio of email newsletters To access this article REGISTER NOWWould you like print copies, app and digital replica access too? SUBSCRIBE for as little as £5 per week.
In the indictment letter, prosecutors said that Burhanuddin and Hatta were listed in Pinangki’s action plan to secure the acquittal for Djoko, who was then on the run.“The defendant [Pinangki] and [another suspect] Andi Irfan Jaya drafted an action plan that would be shown to Djoko Tjandra,” prosecutors said during a hearing on Wednesday, as quoted by tempo.co.Andi was a NasDem politician who was named a suspect for allegedly being a middleman in Pinangki’s case. The political party revoked his membership following his being named a suspect.Pinangki and Andi allegedly showed Djoko the plan at a meeting with the convict in Malaysia in November 2019. The defendant initially demanded $100 million for the plan, but Djoko only agreed to pay her and Andi $10 million. Read also: Djoko Tjandra allegedly prepared $10m to bribe Supreme Court, AGO officialsPart of the plan was to send a plea for the acquittal to Burhanuddin by Feb. 25. The attorney general was later expected to deliver the plea to Hatta, who was still serving as the Supreme Court chief justice, by March 1.Should Burhanuddin deliver the plea to the Supreme Court, Pinangki would receive a commitment fee amounting to $250,000, from Djoko by March 5According to the action plan, Hatta was expected to approve the acquittal plea from Burhanuddin by March 16. The move would be followed up with the Attorney General issuing an instruction to hand down the acquittal against Djoko.If the plan went accordingly, Djoko would have to pay $10 million by putting the money into a bank security deposit box by April. Djoko was expected to return to Indonesia by the next month and pay an additional $250,000 as “consultation fee” to Pinangki.However, prosecutors said Djoko later called off the plan despite already paying Pinangki $500,000 upfront, because neither step of the action plan was realized by December last year.The Attorney General’s Office previously found Pinangki guilty of an ethics violation for going to Singapore and Malaysia in 2019, reportedly to meet with Djoko while he was still at large.Djoko spent more than a decade on the run after evading imprisonment in 2009. He was arrested in Malaysia and deported to Indonesia in late July. (mfp) Topics : Prosecutors mentioned the names of Attorney General ST Burhanuddin and former Supreme Court chief justice Hatta Ali on Wednesday in their indictment against prosecutor Pinangki Sirna Malasari, who is accused of assisting graft convict Djoko Soegiarto Tjandra during his time as a fugitive from the law.Pinangki is standing trial at the Jakarta Corruption Court on charges of money laundering and bribery after allegedly agreeing to accept bribes amounting to US$500,000 from Djoko for conspiring to secure an acquittal for him from the Supreme Court.The court found Djoko guilty in 2009 for his involvement in the high-profile Bank Bali corruption case.
Indianapolis, In. — The Libertarian Party of Indiana is welcoming Bill Weld to speak May 5th at the downtown Indianapolis Marriot at 6 p.m.William ‘Bill’ Weld was elected Governor of Massachusetts in 1990 with 51% of the vote and re-elected in 1994 with 71% of the vote. Despite the state legislature being controlled by a Democratic majority, Bill cut taxes 21 times and did not permit any tax increases. He is a strong advocate of social tolerance. In 1992, Bill was rated the most fiscally conservative governor in the United States by the Wall Street Journal. In 2016, he was the Libertarian nominee for Vice-President of the United States.Activities are scheduled at the hotel between noon and 9 p.m. on May 5.
For all the Latest Sports News News, Tennis News News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps. New Delhi: Caroline Wozniacki, who suffered an exit in the group stages in the year-end WTA finals, has stunned the world with revelations that she is suffering from rheumatoid arthritis. Following her 5-7,7-5,6-3 loss to Elina Svitolina, Wozniacki said, “Turns out that I have an autoimmune disease, rheumatoid arthritis, which goes in and attacks your joints. When the body has a lot of fluids in it and you swell up, you get tired, you get exhausted, all these things.”Read More | LIVE | Congress claims Rahul Gandhi arrested as protest against removal of CBI chief intensifiesThis announcement comes at a time when Wozniacki enjoyed her finest year in the game. In January, she claimed her first maiden Grand Slam title when she won the Australian Open. Following the win, she briefly recaptured the No.1 ranking for the first time since 2012.Health deterioratesHowever, in the coming months, Wozniacki’s health deteriorated. The 28-year-old felt unwell during Wimbledon and crashed out in the second round to Ekaterina Makarova. At that time, Wozniacki felt that she was suffering from flu which she had picked up during her vacation.Read More | Salman Khan, Shilpa Shetty arrive at Aayush Sharma’s birthday bashIn August, she played in the Roger’s Cup in Montreal but one morning, she woke up and discovered that she could not lift her arms above her head. Wozniacki thought she was suffering from glandular fever but initial assessment by the doctors said she was fine. It was only after some in-depth testing did the Danish player find she was suffering from rheumatoid arthritis.Despite the disease, Wozniacki won her third title of the year in Beijing. She was scheduled to start in the US Open but withdrew due to a leg injury. As her performances deteriorated, she won the China Open for the second time which secured her spot in the year-ender.Wozniacki has said she plans to tackle the disease during the off-season. “You find a plan, figure out what to do, you do your research, and thankfully there is great things now that you can do to it. You just kind of move on from it and work through it and figure out how to deal with it and live with it,” Wozniacki said.What is Rheumatoid Arthritis?Rheumatoid arthritis is a long-term autoimmune disorder that primarily affects joints. It typically results in warm, swollen, and painful joints.Pain and stiffness often worsen following rest. This results in inflammation and thickening of the joint capsule. It also affects the underlying bone and cartilage.
BOYS Under-17 & U-19Shomari Wiltshire thrashed Gianni Carpenter 11-1, 11-3, 11-1.Samuel Ince-Carvalhal overcame Michael Alphonso 8-11, 11-4, 12-10, 11-3.Gianni Carpenter beat Demetrius DeAbreu 11-6, 12-10, 11-1. THE girls enjoyed their first matches of the Woodpecker Products Junior National Tournament on Tuesday evening in the Under-11 category. The youngest player in the competition, Tiana Gomes, aged 8. showed great spirit in her games against category favourite Christiana Fernandes.Gomes earned some good points with solid drive retrievals against the talented and athletic Fernandes. In the 3-0 match, Fernandes displayed developing shot execution for the 11-2, 11-5. 21-4 win.Mohryan Baksh maintained his winning streak against Dhirren Persaud and Joshua Verwey in the Boys Under-13 category, while Louis DaSilva picked up his second win and Chad DeAbreu his first.Ever-improving Nicholas Verwey moved easily around the court against Demetrius DeAbreu to secure a clean sweep 11-5, 11-3, 11-4.DeAbreu was first off the mark in all three games and went hit-for-hit with Verwey in the first game up until 5-5. Verwey then moved up a gear and took six straight points for the first win.Despite long rallies and some superb shots from DeAbreu, Verwey dominated throughout.In the Under-17 & U-19 Boys, a category which crosses over two age groups, Shomari Wiltshire displayed the usual brilliance on court against Gianni Carpenter.Conceding very few points, Wiltshire’s calm, precision play left Carpenter unable to return many of his shots.Some great rallies ensued, however, and Carpenter showed evidence of improvement, but was no match for the No.1 seed who finished an 11-1, 11-3, 11-1 victory with finesse.The much-anticipated match against training partners Samuel Ince-Carvalhal and Michael Alphonso showed the dynamics of these youngsters who are best buddies off court but know how to battle inside the squash court walls.Alphonso’s use of deception and speed edged him ahead in the first game for an 11-8 victory, but Ince-Carvalhal’s improved retrieval and racquet head speed put him clearly ahead in the second for an 11-4 answer.The third game came to a nail-biting finish when Alphonso battled from a 10-6 deficit to level at 10-all.However Ince-Carvalhal held on to close off the 3rd at 12-10. In his stride, Ince-Carvalhal flowed through the fourth with excellent court movement and well-timed winners to a triumphant 3-1 victory over Alphonso.The level of squash displayed was testament to the dedicated hours of training many of the junior players are putting into their development, and the remaining days of the Junior Nationals promise to showcase more of the young talent.Play continues at the Georgetown Club, Camp Street for the remainder of the week, finishing on Saturday with two sessions from 11:00hrs and 18:00hrs.RESULTSGIRLS Under-11Christiana Fernandes whipped Tianna Gomes 11-2, 11-5, 11-4Shriyah Persaud beat Maya Dean 11-5, 11-6, 11-3.BOYS Under-13Mohryan Baksh routed Dhirren Persaud 11-1, 11-0, 11-0.Louis DaSilva trounced Shiloh Asregado 11-4, 11-3, 11-2Chad DeAbreu thrashed Matthew Spooner 11-2, 11-2, 11-4.Mohryan Baksh crushed Joshua Verwey 11-0, 11-0, 11-3.BOYS Under-15Nicholas Verwey overpowered Dimetrius DeAbreu 11-5, 11-3, 11-4.
Mike Fiers, the former Houston Astros pitcher, told The Athletic in November that the Astros stole signs using an outfield camera and a garbage can in the dugout tunnel. The Major League Baseball are investigating and are expected to announce their decision during the 2019 MLB Winter Meetings which end on December 12. The news is such that it has dominated the MLB Winter Meetings more than the big-money trades of Stephen Strasburg and Gerrit Cole.Also Read: MLB Trade Rumours: Houston Astros, Red Sox Rule Trade Buzz Ahead Of MLB Winter MeetingsJoe Girardi: Took adequate measures to conceal signs against Houston AstrosJoe Girardi was fired after New York Yankees lost to the Houston Astros in that year’s AL Championship Series. He said that the Yankees had their suspicions but never raised them while working on sign concealment. Joe Girardi said his squad took adequate measures to conceal their signs and made sure that his team did not lose because of subterfuge, even during the seven-game American League Championships.Also Read: Houston Astros Accused Of Using Electronic Equipment To Steal Pitching SignsJoe Girardi re-unites with New York Yankees’ Didi GregoriusJoe Girardi was the New York Yankees manager for the better part of the 2010s decade. Girardi signed for the Philadelphia Phillies in October 2019. Girardi will re-unite with former Yankees player Didi Gregorius, who has reportedly signed for the Phillies in a one-year deal worth $14 million.Also Read: MLB Trade Rumours: New York Yankees Trying To Make Room For Cole? J.A. Happ Exit Looms Joe Girardi, the former New York Yankees manager, according to American media reports has said that he isn’t shocked to read about claims that the 2017 Houston Astros stole signs en route to a World Series championship. The Astros won the best-of-seven set with four victories at home. Girardi is now the manager of the Philadelphia Phillies.Also Read: MLB Trade Rumours: Philadelphia Phillies Snap Up Didi Gregorius In $14 Million DealMLB: Houston Astros sign stealing case Last Updated: 11th December, 2019 22:51 IST Houston Astros Alleged Sign Stealing Doesn’t Surprise Former Yankees Manager Joe Girardi The Houston Astros have been accused of sign-stealing during their World Series Championship win 2017. Former Yankees manager Joe Girardi is not surprised. LIVE TV WATCH US LIVE Sreehari Menon Former Houston Astros pitcher Mike Fiers told The Athletic that the team used a camera in center field during their championship season in 2017. https://t.co/aEv9Rvl4kZ— SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) November 12, 2019 First Published: 11th December, 2019 22:51 IST SUBSCRIBE TO US Written By COMMENT FOLLOW US
Tipperary’s Dean Gardiner won his opening bout at the AIBA World Championships in Hamburg last night.The Clonmel super heavy weight had a convincing win over Korean Southpaw Hyeon Do Kim and now joins Joe Ward and Brendan Irvine in the last 16Kim was on the floor and took a count in the first and the Clonmel BC man found the target with some superb head and body shots in the second and third rounds. Sean McComb is the only Irishman in action todayHe takes on Andy Cruz-Gomez of Cuba in their last 16 tie in the 64kg division.
YGAM focuses on BAME community engagement with CVR link-up August 21, 2020 GambleAware: Engage those with lived experience of gambling harms August 28, 2020 Share Marc Etches to step down as CEO of GambleAware in 2021 August 14, 2020 Share StumbleUpon Submit Related Articles GambleAware has published its ‘quarterly briefing note’, highlighting the work the charity has undertaken with diverse organisations in reducing problem gambling harms across the UK.The briefing note provides industry stakeholders with an update on GambleAware’s commissioning of directives to support the delivery of the National Gambling Treatment Service.Furthermore, the charity providers an update on, national public health campaigns such as ‘Bet Regret‘ and its support of RET programmes improving knowledge of what works with regards to gambling harm prevention.Driving its mandate, GambleAware cites official statistics that estimate that two million UK adults are experiencing some form of gambling harm including 340,000 ‘problem gamblers’.In its latest update, GambleAware highlights ‘gambling disorder’ as a key area it is tackling, as research commissioned on ‘treatment needs and a gap analysis’ indicates that 1-in-2 people with disorders have not accessed any treatment or support.The charity states its concerns that there may be resistance by people seeking help on gambling disorders, be it personal barriers, social stigmas or a lack of awareness of the illness.As a result, GambleAware states that further work is required in raising public awareness of ‘hidden addiction’ nuances that may go unnoticed by family friends and are hard to define by policymakers, health & advice professionals.Scientific progress on ‘gambling disorder’ has seen the World Health Organisation (WHO) classify the illness as an addictive behaviour with implications for mental health, which for some individuals can result in suicide.GambleAware commissioned its first UK gap analysis on treatment needs in May 2020, examining limitations stopping vulnerable people accessing treatment support, tracked against estimates.With regards to UK gambling’s £100m pledge on supporting treatment services, GambleAware states that it continues to strengthen its network working NHS, public health agencies, local authorities and voluntary sector organisations across England, Scotland and Wales.Working with diverse public health stakeholders, in March 2021 GambleAware will publish its new five-year strategy.
Ghana’S Under 20 captain Lawrence Lartey and striker, Francis Narh, will be available for selection against Mali in the African Youth Championship semi-final clash Tuesday.Captain Lartey is returning after serving a one-match ban, while Narh looks to have recovered from ill-health.Lartey was suspended for the final Group A match against hosts Algeria last Friday due to yellow card accumulation and his return will be key for the Black Satellites against a physical Malian side.Narh, who plays for Tema Youth, has taken active part in the team’s sessions since last Saturday at the El Amria Training pitch.Narh was suffering from exhaustion after the second match against Benin and failed to pass a late fitness test.His partnership with lead striker Ebenezer Assifuah has been profitable although he is yet to find the back of the net. Narh was named Orange Man-of-the-Man in the 1-0 win over Benin last Tuesday.Ghana will play their semi-final at the Ahmed Zabana Stadium in Oran.The winner will face either Egypt or defending champions Nigeria-who play in Ain Temouchent in the final on Saturday.Ghana last won the tournament in Rwanda 2009 when now coach, Sellas Tetteh was in charge.